April 12, 2007
< < previous
| next > >
So the story is, this temple was once a lakehouse for
a shogun. Later, monks sheathed it in gold. Like the rest
of Kyoto, it survived World War II in tact ... but then in
1950 a monk "consummated his infatuation" with it by burning
This replacement was completed in 1959.